Monday, June 07, 2004

bt surfing with the ux50 and your pc

it seems i've been getting quite a bit of pms on bt surfing with a pda lately so i've decided to make a little howto on how i got it to work on my ux50.

here's what i did on my pc (i have win2k installed on my machine, i think this also works for winxp):

1. enabled internet sharing - on the sharing tab of my dial networking connection properties, i checked enable internet connection sharing for this connection (notice that my screen capture shows lan instead of dial-up networking, don't worry, they have similar internet sharing tabs =)


2. set the ip of my bluetooth network - i set it to 192.168.0.1

just to clarify, this screen shot is not connected to the previous screen shot. the previous screen shot was for my local area/dial-up connection while this screen shot is for my bluetooth network connection.

3. configured my bt to "Allow other devices to access the Internet/LAN via this computer"


here's what i did on my ux50:

1. created a connection to my pc



2. created a network service using the connection in #1 (make sure to specify your dns server on the details screen)




if you're still having problems, drop me a line =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tried ur instructions adapting it to winxp,t3, n msi btoes bluetooth but not getting results. maybe u cud post instructions for xp with t3. need it very much. hope u cud help. thanks a lot! joeorbe-mapalad.org

10:59 AM  
Blogger mobile247 said...

sorry, i don't have access to a machine with xp and i have no plans of upgrading to xp (i prefer the stability of 2000). if i do upgrade it will be straight to 2003.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home